Note: You can fill out the form in the brochure and mail it to our office to adopt your duck or just scroll down to do it online.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Red Lerille’s Health & Raquet Club
From 9 a.m.-12 a.m.
Ducks will go down the slide at 11:30 a.m.
KLFY set to do a live broadcast from the event.
Band: The Josh Taylor Band… Click this link to listen to some of their music: Click
Please visit our Facebook Page: Click here
Please visit our Twitter Page: Click Here
Ambassador Car Wash, American Bank, Bank of Abbeville, Bank of Commerce & Trust Company, Burgersmith, Capital One, Cheap O Depot, Chick-Fil-A, Classic Auto Spa, Community First Bank, Cox Communication, Cricket’s Pool & Spa World, Doug Ashy, Doghouse Computers, Gulf Coast Bank, Home Bank, Iberia Medical Center, Kaplan State Bank, Moss Motors, Opelousas General Health Center, Red Lerille’s Health & Racquet Club, Robert M’s, St. Landy Bank, St. Landry Homestead, St. Martin Bank, Stine, Sam’s Club (1 day location), Shop Rite, Super 1 Foods, Teche Federal Savings, Thrift Way Pharmacy, Vermilion Bank & Trust, Village Bingo, Zea Rotisserie Grill (1 day location)
The 21 prizes are as follows:
1st :2013 Honda Fit from Moss Motors; 2nd:A single year regular play membership from Red Lerille’s Health & Racquet Club; 3rd: 52 Full Service Car Washes from Classic Auto Spa; 4th: A 73’ Mitsubishi 1080p 3D Ready DLP Big Screen HDTV from Aaron’s; 5th: $100 per month in services for a year at Robert M’s; 6th: “Custom Build” Computer from Doghouse Computers; 7th: Bed Swing from All Wood Furniture; 8th: 2 Night Stay to Chateau Lemoyne and 8 guest passes to visit either the Audubon Zoo, the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas or the Audubon Butterfly Garden & Insectarium; 9th: David Yurman Designs Bracelet from Lee Michael’s Fine Jewelry; 10th: One Diplomat Car Wash every week for a year from Ambassador Car Wash & Lube Express; 11th: One Samsung Focus S 4G from AT&T; 12th: One HTC Titan 4G LTE from AT&T; 13th: One burger, fry and soft drink meal every week for a year from Burgersmith; 14th: $500 Visa Gift Card from Capital One Bank; 15th: $500 Gift Card from La-Z Boy Furniture; 16th: One drive-in combo every week for one year from Sonic Drive-In; 17th: One Motorola Atrixll 4G from AT&T; 18th: 24 X 24 Painted Paws Studios Custom Pet Painting; 19th: 2 Night Stay in the Staybridge Suites; 20th: $500 gift card from Shop Rite; 21st: 2 Night Stay at Cajun Palms
Our teens, through their new business “GB Teez”, will be selling the T-Shirt below for the Running of the Ducks, which they have designed through a contest of all Club members throughout our organization. Every person that buys a shirt will receive a bookmark telling them about our organization and the new T-Shirt business.
Here’s what this years T-Shirts look like:
You will find pictures, videos, rules and duck adoption opportunities below.
Presented by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana,
a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
1. A minimum of 10,000 ducks will be entered in the race.
2. Ducks will be launched into the swimming pools at Red Lerille’s Health & Racquet
Club at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 6, 2013. The racecourse will be
established by the Presenter. The Presenter reserves the right to manually maneuver
ducks while on the racecourse. If extreme circumstances prevent the race from occurring
on April 6, 2013, every effort will be made to reschedule the race within two weeks
of the original race date. If the race does not occur within two weeks, winners will be
determined by a random drawing conducted by the Presenter.
3. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain property of the
4. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere
with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Presenter.
5. A number will be attached to each racing duck relating to a number on an adoption
paper. The person listed on the adoption paper corresponding to the winning duck will be
awarded prizes. Positive identification is required (valid drivers license) and the claimant
must be 18 years of age. A list of prizes may be obtained by sending a stamped, self-
addressed envelope to: The Great Acadiana Running of the Ducks, P.O. Box 62166,
Lafayette, LA 70596-2166.
6. Presenter reserves the right, as its sole option, to substitute prizes of comparable value.
7. The combined retail value of all prizes will be at least $20,000.
8. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completely filled out and delivered
to Presenter or an authorized representative of Presenter or mailed to Presenter at the
address found on the adoption paper and actually received by the Presenter prior to
the race for the entry to be eligible for prizes. Entrants assume responsibility for non-
9. The Presenter reserves the right to limit the number of adoptions per individual.
10. Winners will be announced. Entrants will, where necessary, be notified by telephone
or U.S. mail. Entrants need not be present to win. If any winner does not claim his/her
prize at 1405 W. Pinhook Road, Ste. 108, Lafayette, LA 70503, within 30 days after
April 6, 2013, Presenter will select winner through a random drawing of entry tickets.
All prizes will be awarded.
11. Corporate directors, advisory board directors, and employees of the Boys & Girls
Clubs of Acadiana, and their immediate families are not eligible to win. Owners of
Companies involved in the event (providing prizes, media coverage, the actual event
itself) are not eligible; however their employees are eligible to win prizes. Also, neither
the person appointed by the Presenter authorized to pull the ducks from the water in
ordering of finishing nor any relative of said person either close or distant shall be
eligible to win. Winner must prove eligibility.
12. No cash equivalent will be awarded in lieu of designated prizes. Any and all taxes
and similar fees, including, but not limited to applicable license and registration fees on
any vehicles, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
13. By entering, entrants release Presenter and its officers, directors and staff, and other
related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes.
14. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses
without additional compensation.
15. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
16. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void
where prohibited by law.
17. The conduct of the race and the determination of race winners will be audited by a
representative of an independent accounting firm. The Presenter will make all decisions
and interpretations of the rules and regulations and its judgment is final.
18. No purchase is necessary in order to enter or win. Ducks can be adopted at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana, 1405 W. Pinhook Road, Ste. 1108,
Lafayette, LA 70503 during regular business hours or at the many local businesses that are taking part in the duck sales. Go to the Administrative office to get your 1 free duck.
19. Duck logos and likenesses are registered trademarks of GAME, Inc. and no other
person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without expressed written
consent. To contact GAME, Inc. log on to www.game-group.com or call 602-957-3825.
One Duck to enter into the race.
Buy 5 ducks and get the sixth one FREE.
Adopt 20 Ducks and get 5 ducks FREE.
The 2012 Duck Race T-Shirt.
Leave a donation by clicking the donate button.