The Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana is holding the 25th Annual The Great Acadiana Running of the Ducks generate energy, enthusiasm, and financial support for our youth development programs. Over 25,000 ducks take the plunge for a great cause. Individuals from our surrounding communities purchase ducks for $5, so this is one event everyone can be supportive of. Moss Motors has awarded the grand prize winner a new Honda for this event. The event is always held at Red Lerille’s Health & Racquet Club.
Click below to see the Running of the Ducks Brochure & Poster:
Click to Adopt A Duck Online Now!
Note: You can fill out the form in the brochure and mail it to our office to adopt your duck or just scroll down to do it online.
2015 (25th Annual) Running of the Ducks Information:
Saturday, March 28, 2015
Red Lerille’s Health & Raquet Club
From 9 a.m.-12 a.m.
Ducks will go down the slide at 11:30 a.m.
KLFY set to do a live broadcast from the event.
Please visit our Facebook Page: Click here
Please visit our Twitter Page: Click Here
Acadian Ambulance | Acadiana Mall | Ambassador Carwash | Buffalo Wild Wings | Chili’s | Classic Auto Spa | The Daily Advertiser | LHC Group | The Horse Farm | Iberia Medical Center | Opelousas General | Rayne State Bank | Tony Bernard Studios | Walgreens | Walk On’s | Walmart | Zea |
All Seasons Nursery | American Bank & Trust | Bank of Abbeville | Bank of Commerce & Trust Company | Capital One Bank | Cheap O Depot Community First Bank | Doug Ashy (Johnston St) | Doug Ashy (Verot) | Fire Safety & Specialists | Gulf Coast Bank | Home Bank | Kaplan State Bank | Moss Motors | Red Lerille’s Health & Racquet Club | Robert M’s | St. Landy Bank | St. Landry Homestead | St. Martin Bank | Stine (Abbeville, LA) | Stine (Broussard, LA) | Vermilion Bank & Trust | Village Bingo | BCG Website |
The 15 prizes are as follows:
1st (Grand Prize) Moss Motors – 2014 Honda Civic (silver)
2nd: Prize – Lee Michaels Jewelry – 18k white gold diamond pendant having a round diamond center surrounded by baguettes and rounds with diamonds.
3rd: Prize – Connect 1 Louisiana – Protect your family with a 4 channel DVR Surveillance System.
4th: Prize – Red Lerille’s Health & Racquet Club – Shape up with a single year regular pay membership.
5th: $ Prize – Aaron’s – 50 ” RCA 1080 LED TV
6th: Prize – Robert M’s – Pamper yourself with $100 per month in servces for a year.
7th: Prize – AT&T – Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.
8th: Prize – AT&T – LG G Pad 7.0 tablet and LG G3 Vigor smartphone bundle.
9th: Prize – Classic Auto Spa – $500 gift card to Acadiana Mall.
10th: Prize – Staybridge Suites – Enjoy a 2 night weekend stay in a two bedroom suite and dinner for two in Lafayette, LA.
11th: Prize – Ambassador Carwash – Delight in a clean car with one Diplomat Car Wash each week for a year.
12th: Prize – Capital One Bank – Begin planning for your future with a $500 Visa Gift Card.
13th: Prize – La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries – Refresh your home with a $500 Gift Card.
14th: Prize – The Dailey Method – 2 months of unlimited classes which combine the best of pilates, yoga, and ballet barre training. The classes are an ever-evolving mix of movement that offer extreme benefits for body and mind.
15th: Prize – Audubon Nature Institute – Package includes 8 passes that can be redeemed at the Zoo, Aquarium, or Butterfly Garden and Insectarium.
16th: Prize – Sonic Drive Inn – Treat yourself to 1 Free Drive-In Combo weekly for 1 year.
Our club member teens, through their new business “GB Teez,” will be selling the T-Shirt below for the Running of the Ducks 2015, which they have designed through a contest of all Club members throughout our organization. Every person that buys a shirt will be helping not only The Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana, but a local business within the organizations club-member ran T-Shirt business.
Here’s what this years T-Shirts look like:
Official Rules and Regulations of
The Great Acadiana Running of the Ducks
Presented by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana,
a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
1. A minimum of 10,000 ducks will be entered in the race.
2. Ducks will be launched into the swimming pools at Red Lerille’s Health & Racquet
Club at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 28, 2015. The race-course will be
established by the Presenter. The Presenter reserves the right to manually maneuver
ducks while on the racecourse. If extreme circumstances prevent the race from occurring
on March 28, 2015 every effort will be made to reschedule the race within two weeks
of the original race date. If the race does not occur within two weeks, winners will be
determined by a random drawing conducted by the Presenter.
3. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain property of the
4. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere
with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Presenter.
5. A number will be attached to each racing duck relating to a number on an adoption
paper. The person listed on the adoption paper corresponding to the winning duck will be
awarded prizes. Positive identification is required (valid drivers license) and the claimant
must be 18 years of age. A list of prizes may be obtained by sending a stamped, self-
addressed envelope to: The Great Acadiana Running of the Ducks, P.O. Box 62166,
Lafayette, LA 70596-2166.
6. Presenter reserves the right, as its sole option, to substitute prizes of comparable value.
7. The combined retail value of all prizes will be at least $20,000.
8. The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completely filled out and delivered
to Presenter or an authorized representative of Presenter or mailed to Presenter at the
address found on the adoption paper and actually received by the Presenter prior to
the race for the entry to be eligible for prizes. Entrants assume responsibility for non-
9. The Presenter reserves the right to limit the number of adoptions per individual.
10. Winners will be announced. Entrants will, where necessary, be notified by telephone
or U.S. mail. Entrants need not be present to win. If any winner does not claim his/her
prize at 1405 W. Pinhook Road, Ste. 108, Lafayette, LA 70503, within 30 days after
April 6, 2013, Presenter will select winner through a random drawing of entry tickets.
All prizes will be awarded.
11. Corporate directors, advisory board directors, and employees of the Boys & Girls
Clubs of Acadiana, and their immediate families are not eligible to win. Owners of
Companies involved in the event (providing prizes, media coverage, the actual event
itself) are not eligible; however their employees are eligible to win prizes. Also, neither
the person appointed by the Presenter authorized to pull the ducks from the water in
ordering of finishing nor any relative of said person either close or distant shall be
eligible to win. Winner must prove eligibility.
12. No cash equivalent will be awarded in lieu of designated prizes. Any and all taxes
and similar fees, including, but not limited to applicable license and registration fees on
any vehicles, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
13. By entering, entrants release Presenter and its officers, directors and staff, and other
related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes.
14. By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses
without additional compensation.
15. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
16. This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void
where prohibited by law.
17. The conduct of the race and the determination of race winners will be audited by a
representative of an independent accounting firm. The Presenter will make all decisions
and interpretations of the rules and regulations and its judgment is final.
18. No purchase is necessary in order to enter or win. Ducks can be adopted at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana, 1405 W. Pinhook Road, Ste. 1108, Lafayette, LA 70503 during regular business hours or at the many local businesses that are taking part in the duck sales. Go to the Administrative office to get your 1 free duck.
19. Duck logos and likenesses are registered trademarks of GAME, Inc. and no other
person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without expressed written
consent. To contact GAME, Inc. log on to www.game-group.com or call 602-957-3825.
One Duck to enter into the race.
$25 Six Quack
Buy 5 ducks and get the sixth one FREE.
$100 Grand Pack
Adopt 20 Ducks and get 5 ducks FREE.
$15 Duck Race T-Shirt
The 2014 Duck Race T-Shirt.
Leave a donation by clicking the donate button.
2012 Presenting Sponsor Benefits ($15,000)
Please call to make this donation
Platinum Sponsorship ($10,000)
Gold Sponsorship ($5,000)
Silver Sponsorship ($2,500)
Bronze Sponsorship ($1,000 sponsorship)